Friday 3 August 2012

MUA Trio Eyeshadow Review

Hey my beauties How are you all doing :) :) 
Wow I Cant not believe its August already where is the time going 
I just realise the other day that there is only 21 weeks to Christmas 
Craaaazzzy We are only finished buying new uniforms and school books and now we have to plan out Xmas 
Anyways enough about that (sigh) 
On a Positive note lol i am here today to do a long due review on these two little palettes :) 
As you know from my reviews i love the single eyeshadows from MUA and the few palette i do own also.  So i really wanted to give these beauties a try i couldn't leave them out :) :) ;)
I purchased these two shades from the MUA site who do ship internationally :) There is 7 shades to choose from for only £2.50 each.  I wanted to try the more neutral shades first to see what they were like so i picked "Innocence" and "Chocolate Box" i actually played it safe because i heard good things about both of them :) :) 
The packaging is pretty straight forward.  Very light weight yet sturdy as my kiddies have got their hands on them a couple of times and let them drop i found no damage done to them :) 
You are also getting a little eyeshadow applicator one end is bigger and thicker than the other now to be honest i would dump and not use but i have seen some $20 challenge videos of people using them and having no choice only to use the applicator and it actually works out (with the help of your blending finger) 
So on with the shades :) 
Innocence is stated on the website as MUA's makeup artists favourite trio palette so i just had to get it to see what it was like :)  Plus i remember swatching these in Superdrug one day and one of the eyeshadows in this palette reminded me of a Particular Mac Eyeshadow which made me more excited to try it out :) Before i go on let me just tell you that all of these trios are shimmery there is not one matte eyeshadow in any of them 
I love the idea of baked eyeshadows because you can use them dry or use them wet so you can literally have a day time look using them dry and intensify them by using them wet for a night time look 
The lighest shade is a simple cream shimmery highlight shade which can actually be used on the cheek bone too :) 
The Mid shade is a medium brown with a goldy undertone to it 
and last but not least the Darkest shade (the most exciting shade in the palette) is a reddish brown with green metallic undertone to it.  I instantly reconised the shade when i swatched it and you would have paid to see me in the middle of superdrug the day i found it i was like a child on xmas morning This shade is a great dupe for Mac "Club" eyeshadow and the reason i know this is because "Club" has been on my wishlist for a long long time now and i just couldnt afford to buy it but now i have a cheaper alternative yeahhhhhhh :) :) if you google Mac Club you will see what i mean :) Then i realised MUA also has a Dupe of Mac "Club" in the single eyeshadows which is shade 12 which i have reviewed here so im delighted with that
I knew when i bought this one that i would like it as i seen a review by The Sunday Girl about it and her brilliant photos made me instantly want it in my collection.  I love this palette and anyone who loves their neutral shade will love it too 
The Lighest shade is a beautiful well pigments peachy shade with golden undertones and fabulous warm toned shade :) 
The Mid shade is medium brown with silver undertone to it but when aplied on the lid i found you could see purply undertones to it whatever way the sun hits it :) (I just love eyeshadows like that) 
and the Darkest shade is a great chocolate brown with golden undertones to it :) :) 
This is a great palette for a daytime smokey eye look 
As you can see by the swatches i did swatches of them dry and wet to show you how great they are.  The swatches are lightly done and the more you build the more pigmented they are.  I have to admit they can be a little chalky especially chocolate box but i dont care for the price i am not one bit complaining about it :) :) Chocolate box is amazingly pigmented and a little goes a long way and of course you know i love my innocence palette hehehe :) :) these two palette is perfect for everyone as they are both neutral palettes.  The eyeshadows are amazingly soft and creamy and a pleasure to use.  With a good primer they last all day and i found they did not crease throughout the day.  Overall i dont regret buying these one bit i think they are brilliant quality for the price and well worth every penny 
I plan to buy more of these in the future so keep an eye out for my reviews :) 
Have you tried these eyeshadows?
Which is your favourite?
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 



I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

JuicyBeauty said...

Nice colours :))

Anonymous said...

Oh I want Chocolate box, gorgeous! Gah can't believe it's 21 weeks to Christmas, getting excited:) :)

Unknown said...

I know i love the chocolate box the best as you literally only need the smallest amount :) it will last for ages :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...