Sunday 2 November 2014

Makeup Revolution - Ultra Blush & Contour Palettes in "Hot Spice and Sugar & Spice"

Hello my Beauties I hope you are all well :) 
Today I am reviewing the Makeup Revolution - Ultra Blush & Contour Palettes in "Hot Spice and Sugar & Spice".  To be honest I have had these palettes for quite some time now and never got round to reviewing them because they became one of those products I got too used to using and totally forgot to share with you all :)  I am sure alot of Beauty Bloggers can back me up by saying that sometimes we forget to blog about something we literally use on an every day basis and then something clicks with us say oh darn I totally forgot to share my thoughts about this.
Well wait no longer as I am going to share with you my experiences with these palettes.


Makeup Revolution state:  Our ULTRA Blush & Contour palette is perfect for the professional application desired by all of us. Perfect for highlighting and contouring too. Professional and highly pigmented, yet easy to blend, these contain 8 shades consisting of shimmer and matte blushers, merged baked blusher, and merged baked highlighter powder. The ULTIMATE blush palette offering you 8 shades in 1 to suit any occasion! 8 exclusive and unique shades in each palette can be either used individually or combined to create the shade that you want. With a selection of matte and shimmers, merged and highlighting powder in each palette and set in a mirrored compact for touch ups on the go. Available in 2 palettes – 8 unique shades in each

Each palette costs only £6 each which is super affordable for 8 blushes per palette :) 
Each palette comes in a normal black plastic packaging the same as all palettes.  The palette is very light weight and handy for travelling :) What even more handy is that these palettes come with a very big mirror inside LOVE IT !!!!!!!


So lets begin with the first palette which is call "Hot Spice" 

As you can see inside these blushes are a very genorous size which actually shocked me as I assumed they were alot smaller.  There is no doubt about it these blushes are going to last you a very long time :) 
Hot Spice is a palette full of Peachy and Terracotta shades and of course 2 highlight shade to suit the blushes.  To be honest I thought I might not like this as much at the other one because I tend to venture for more pinky shades on my cheeks.  I was wrong the shades as actually stunning :) :) 


This palette has got a mix of shimmer and matte shades so incase you are one who is not fond of shimmer makeup revolution has thought of you too :) :) 
Altogether there is 6 blushes and 2 highlight shades in which about 3 of them are matte 

Some are more pigmented than others which means this palette will suit pale to medium skin tones best :) (click on the photo to see a close up) 

The only thing I will not agree with Makeup Revolution in them stating that this palette will suit for contouring because as you can see yourself all these shades are either too orange or too bright for contouring especially on pale skin.  I especially love the highlight shades as the first highlight shade Is my favourite it has a slight peachy pink tone to it :)  The 2nd and third shade is my most used shade especially on days I like a little bit of colour but not too much.  

Next up is Sugar & Spice :) 
This is my favourite palette out of the two I have to admit because I am more of a pinks gal :) I feel Pinks suit by skin tone better :) :) 

Doesnt it look beautiful :) 
This palette like the first one contains a mixture of shimmer and matte blushes as-well as 2 highlights but this palette to me has more mattes than shimmer.  

As Makeup Revolution have stated that these palettes are good for highlighting and contouring, we have already covered that I didnt think Hot Spice had any shade suitable for contouring and I feel the same goes for Sugar & Spice.  The two top shade are supposed to be for contouring but I think there is too much of a pink undertone to them to use as a contour.  They are infact great to use as a cheek colour for those days and nights you are going smokey on the eyes :) 
The pigmentation of the blushes are absolutely amazing.  I mean one dip of a brush and you are sorted.  I will advise that if you have got pale skin be careful as these are very very pigmented and to be honest you can overdo it especially with the darker shades :) :) 
The first highlight shade is amazing and boy is it pigmented a little goes a long way and compliments any pink toned blush, as you will see in the swatch picture the highlight has a pink iridescent to it :) 
The second highlight is more of a baked blush to me with a good bit of shimmer.  It gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks but to be honest I would have preferred if the shimmer was golden than silver. 
Here are the swatches :) 

Over all if you are a lover of blushes you are going to love these palettes :)  I am going to buy two more of these for my kit as it saves me bring a load of single blushes with me :) 
I think there is a shade in each of these palettes suitable for every skin tone.  
The blushes are not one bit chalky which means no wastage of product.  I find they blend out beautifully and effortlessly.  
These definitely get my thumbs up :) 

In this photo I have used a little of the 1st shade in Sugar & Spice on my cheeks 

Have you tried these palettes yet?  Which one would be your favourite 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 












I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

RockTheLipstick said...

Nice Blog :)

Mummy's Beauty Corner said...

I love Makeup Revolution eye shadow palettes but haven't tried the blush ones. They look really gorgeous!
Mummy's Beauty Corner

Valerie said...

Lovely blog! I am a new subscriber of yours.

Check out my beauty/fashion blog here.

Valerie

Loevens said...

Great review hun. You look absolutely stunning. I ordered the hot spice palette for a friend and I got to play with it a bit, now I need to get my own.

I agree with you, I don't see how any of these could Work as a highlight.

Loevens
http://loevensmakeuprambles.blogspot.dk/

Beautykinguk said...

Nice review, really detailed. It's always nice to see the product used.

Jabeen Qadri said...

I got the Iconic 3 palette and loved it! Getting sugar & spice next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...