Friday 14 November 2014

NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil Review

Hello My beauties I hope you are all well 
Finding the right lip-liner can be a task in itself.  You want a lip liner that is going to take very little effort to apply.  One thats going to last all day.  One thats not going to drag along your lips making your lips feel dry and sore by the time you are finished applying it.  You are also looking for a lip liner thats pigmented and worth the money you part with.  I have tried many lip liners and can safely say not all of them have met my needs or wants.
Lip liners are very beneficial to have. 
Lip liners can act like a primer for your lips for those intensely pigmented lipstick that either can stain or bleed.  
Lining you lips can help keep you lipstick, glosses ect in place.  
Using Lip Liners can also help you lipsticks last alot longer  :) 
Lip liners can also create the illusion of fuller lips I know alot of us out there love the fuller lip look ;) 
I am a huge fan of NYX Cosmetics and I have often seen their lip liners reviewed and to be honest am shocked with myself that I never tried them before :) 
Well that was until NYX Cosmetics became available to us in Ireland and one day was stood infront of a NYX Cosmetics stand.  So one day I decided it was about time I tried their lip liners out :) 
So I walked away with 5 different shades :)  Well at €4.99 each it wasnt too pricey right?
Well Wait until I tell you the even better news !!!! Guess how many shades of these beauties are available ??? Have you guessed ??  60 different shades :) :) :) Crazy I know :) 

When choosing these shades I went for shades I wanted to put into my kit.  I wanted to go for shades suitable for every occasion and skintone.  
The first shade I picked was 


Nude Pink:  This shade is the perfect natural looking shade.  A perfect liner for all pinky nude lipsticks.  Everyone likes to have a nude lip especially on an everyday look or with a dark smokey eye and I absolutely adore this shade Its perfect for my skintone and anyone who is fair to medium skintone :) 



Natural:  The name speaks itself :)  Natural is more on the beige rose neutral side I love to wear this all over my lips with a little gloss over it.  Its a nice shade for a daytime and night time look.  This shade can be applied lightly for day time and layered for a more pigmented darker look :)  



Peekaboo Natural:  I love this shade.  This is a little like Nude Pink only a shade darker.  I also found this shade has a little shimmer in it  Even though the shimmers are not that noticable once applied to the lips :)  



Prune :  I must admit I have never tried a shade like this before but have seen so many people wearing purples on their lips alot this year so thought I would give it a go.  I am glad I did because this shade is stunning.  This is a lovely light blackcurrant shade and perfect for anyone who is fair to medium skin tone and wants to try out a purple lip :) 


Along with these shades I wanted to try out a red lip liner and there was about 4 to 5 different shades of red to choose.  You can imagine how long it took me to pick out a red as red is a more vibrant and more brighter shade alot of us are scared to try out 
So here is the one I chose 


Hot Red:  The reason I chose this shade was because I find blue toned reds suit my warm complextion better.  As you can tell this is a lovely medium blue toned red and a perfect red for anyone with fair to medium skin tone :) 


Here are the lip swatches in order :) 


I really like these lip liners and think they have amazing staying power.  They last all day on they lip especially if you apply all over the lip.  They are creamy and very easy to apply the only thing I will say about applying them is if they are in a cool area and you try to apply to the lips it will tend to be harder to apply.  I find if they are in a warmer area the nib is less solid and easier on the lips :)  Some people might find them drying as most of them go on like a matte lipstick but to be honest thats what makes them long lasting.  When I apply these all over the lips I tend to apply a tad of balm before hand and a little gloss on top.  Other times I leave the gloss and simply wear the lip liner on its own.  
 I highly recommend these and will surely be buying more shades to add to my collection.  Have you tried these Lip Liners Yet ?
I hope you enjoyed my review 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 


















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17 comments:

Claire D. T said...

I love these lip pencils :D
I have only two but I will buy some more in the future!!

http://notebookofclaire.blogspot.gr/

Unknown said...

i love NYX! the pink nude one looks alot like mac sore - a great dupe!

Laura said...

I haven't tried anything from NYX yet, but these liners sound amazing :)

Laura
Pink Frenzy

Mhisha Cuyson said...

I love nyx's products but I wonder why I still haven't tried any of their lip liners though. LOL

Unknown said...

I have a few of NYX liners and love them, such great quality! Fab review x

Nicol said...

Out of all of them, prune is my favourite! Haven't tried many NYC products

Lovelyladyjb said...

They have great colors, I actually like the purple and red the best!

beautyqueenuk said...

I have peekaboo nude and it is such a great shade x

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

These are beautiful shades and look so pigmented!! I wish NYX was more readily available over here :(

Jess xo
http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

They're all very lovely but the last two in particular are gorgeous! I love Prune :)

Kristina said...

omg the shade natural is totally my kind of colour!


http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

Kristina said...

I bought my first MAC liner yesterday so I think I'll have to try some of these and compare them :)

http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

Shumaila Jaffer said...

have used nyx lip liners before and just love them. u got lovely shades



Shumaila Jaffer
Beauty Redefined

Beautykinguk said...

I am told the Wife has peekaboo nude!

The Belle Adventures said...

Oooooh Prune definitely caught my attention! I'll have to get in in my next NYX order :)

http://thebelleadventures.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

nude pink looks perfect! will have to give them ago.

Sophie
xx
www.pocockins.co.uk

CandyFairy said...

What gorgeous shades! I need to stock up on some new NYX products so bad, I only have a few of their items and I love them! :)
- CandyFairy Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...