Saturday 11 August 2012

ELF Studio Baked Blush & Bronzer Review

Hey my beauties how are you all doing 
Boy oh boy have i been excited to review these for you all especially for all you UK e.l.fettes as these little treasures are not on the UK e.l.f site yet :) They are not long released in the US.  How did i get my hands on them i hear you ask?  Well if you are a long time follower of my blog you will know that i have a friend who owns an ebay store from America, she sells e.l.f products and every so often if i see a number of new arrivals on the US site and the raging want inside me gets the better of me (lol) i write to her and ask whenever she is ordering again could she get them for me.  She is so nice to do this and normally she does get these new items in anyway.  I have posted up a few hauls that i got from her but for those of you who are new to my blog here is a link to her store 
So As you can see i was a good little girl and didn't go crazy this time hehe.  I decided to split the review up because i don't want to have you all reading forever as i can get a little crazy writing when I am excited about new products :) :) 
So this review is about the 2 baked blushes and 1 bronzer i purchased :) 
Dont they look pretty :) 
I personally love the look of baked blushes and i love how they work.  So you can imagine my excitement when i realise e.l.f started making baked blushes, bronzers and eyeshadows.  Now i actually done a little research before choosing each one because i wanted to purchase shades that i will most likely use instead of ones i will end up giving away.  I looked for swatches in which there was not alot of as they were only released when i ordered them.
With the blushes there are 4 shades to choose from:  Starting from the lightest Peachy cheeky, Pinktastic, Passion Pink & Rich Rose and they cost $3 each for 6g of product on the US Site 
E.l.f states:  The soft and shimmering color of our Baked Blush creates a natural healthy glow. Baked in an oven, these blushes offer rich pigmentation for a beautiful effect. The long-lasting formula provides a gorgeous, smooth and even application. Infused with active key ingredients Jojoba, Rose, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape to nourish and hydrate the skin. Apply this shimmering color dry for sheer pigmentation, or use a damp brush or sponge for a more vibrant effect.
First Blush I picked was Peachy Cheeky.  Its looked fabulous in the picture and site but looks even more beautiful in person :) This is a peachy shade with slight light brownish veins going through it.  Oh my Goodness I'm so glad i bought this one in particular as it gives such a fantastic glow to the cheek.  Even it the slight shimmer it has it certainly doesn't appear to be shimmery on the cheek.  It looks so natural I love it :)  I love a blush that acts like a blush and highlight at the same time :) this is surely one of those blushes 
The Fact that Peach Cheeky is a little on the lighter side i found that it last about 5 hours and started to fade but the remains lasted until i took my make-up off.  To be honest that's very good for a cheaper product in my eyes :) This shade suits my skin tone nicely and for anyone with darker skin tone i think this would work more as a highlight :) :) 
Rich Rose well now this looked like the darkest one out of the 4 on the site plus I like Rosy blushes on days i want to look more flushed in a healthy looking way.  This surely is dark in the package i was kinda thinking maybe too dark when i seen it first.  As you can see by the photo this shade is a medium brown with a coral/rose shade going through it aka veins.  I must admit it doesn't look as pretty in the package as Peachy Cheeky.   It doesnt look pretty swatched and on the cheek believe me :) 
This blush is very very pigmented.  One swipe of the brush using a light hand does me fine.  This is a blush that would also look amazing on darker skin tones and well suited for the winter months when you want the Rosy flushed look.  I love this but i think out of the two Peachy Cheeky gets my vote :) :) 

Next up is the one and only bronzer i got which is.......
The Same as the blushes the bronzers cost $3 each for 6g of product.  There is 3 bronzers to choose from starting with the lightest:  St Lucia (which i heard was super super light), Maui & Los Cabos.  To be honest the other two looked a little on the light side so i just went with Los Cabos just to be safe :) :) 
Now normally i am not one to go for a shimmery bronzer for during the day by no means i am normally a matte bronze by day and a quite happy to use a shimmer bronze at night sorta gal :) 
As you can see there is shimmer in this bronzer actually I'm sure there is in everyone one of them.  To be honest you notice it more in the package than you do on the swatches and on the face.  I was actually quite surprised by this.  This bronzer is more of a Light/Medium brown with finely milled gold shimmer.  I have actually used this for contouring during the day alot since i got it and it works really really well.  You can actually not notice any shimmer in my swatch below  which is taken in direct sunlight.  
This photo is taken in direct sunlight 
Overall im excited that e.l.f has finally bought out baked blushes and bronzers.  
The both blushes i got i am very pleased with and can see myself using these on a regular basis as i have been since i got them.  They feel extremely soft and not at all chalky.  They are buildable and stay put for most of the day.  In my eyes they could even be the new favourite blush from the studio line by alot of you e.l.f fans out there.  
The bronzer on the other hand would maybe disappoint alot of you for two reasons 
A) The darkest shade is just pigmented enough for someone who is fair to medium skin tone which is disappointing for anyone who has medium to dark skin tone.  
B) The bronzer would not be as pigmented as the blushes as it needs a little building before you get the payoff you want.  Keep in mind you can use these wet so if you wanted darker well you could easily dampen the brush for better pigmentation but its works for me to build it up using it dry.   
What i love about both is that they are not one bit chalky or messy, plus the packaging is actually quite sturdy for a $3 product in fact one of my blushes were put to the ultimate test 2 days ago by my almost 3 year old son who decided he wanted to try some of what mammy was using and dropped it to the floor TALK ABOUT NEARLY HAVING HEART FAILURE LOL but it was fine thank goodness.  

So that is it for part one of the New Baked Products by e.l.f 
Part 2 will be up within the next 2 day and that is the Baked eyeshadows :) 
I hope you enjoyed this review and to all of you UK e.l.fettes i hope i didnt tease you too much with this review but i am hoping e.l.f.co.uk will get them in soon.  
Until next time I hope you are all having a lovely weekend
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 





I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Greta post! Glad I found your blog! I have been wanting to get these products!

Unknown said...

Great blog! I'm so glad I found it! Love this post! I have been wanting to try these products.

xo Anna

Zwyczajna o wszystkim i o niczym ... said...

zastanawialam sie na nimi fajne kolorki

Ioanna G said...

Thanks a lot for the swatches, can't wait for them to arrive in UK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...