Friday 26 April 2013

ELF Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows in Beauty Queen, Lunch Break & What's Your Name

Well Hello there fancy meeting you here :) :) ;) ;)  How have you been :) :) 
Well sure look it if i started telling you how I feel there would be no point in reviewing these because the post would go on forever lol 
So in one word I feel Superdeedooper :) :) 
So I decided when I was shopping on the on ELF site that I would pick up a few of the Newish Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows to try them out.  
There is shades available and they cost £3.50 each for 3g of product.  
I couldnt wait to try these out because I love the Mineral Pigment Eyeshadows they are so pigmented and fun to use but they can get messy and I do tend to leave them to one side because of that but when I found out they were doing pressed mineral eyeshadows i thought wahoo same formula, pigment ? but pressed I had to try 
So lets just say the packaging of these eye-shadow impressed 
Ok the box is not what you call expensive looking but sure your going to be throwing that out so hey 
The packaging on the eye-shadow is very impressive in fact it looks very like the MAC Eye-shadow packaging and I actually questioned if they were the same size but no they are not e.l.f mineral eye-shadows are double the size 
I have to say I am well impressed with how soft these eyeshadows feel.  Plus after swatching them I found no chalkiness which is a great start :)  
I did find them to be very pigmented even the lightest shade to swatch.  So lets move on to the shades 
First up is "Beauty Queen" is the lightest shade out of the lot and its a nice creamy beige shade a perfect blending shade or even a perfect lid shade its also perfect for under the brow and even on the tops of yous cheek bones for a nice glow. The finish is semi-matte but veering more to matte.  You will find this to be a little powdery when applying to the eyes but you will have little to no fall out.  This is a perfect wake my eyes up shadow and if you are one who has a busy life and no time to spend in the mornings to do your makeup simply apply this to the lid and it instantly makes you look awake and fresh.  
Next up is "Lunch Break" This is a nice medium brown with a more satin finish.  I experienced no fall out what so ever with this shade.  Its perfect for everyday looks.  I like to use this in the crease for a little definition.  When blended out you get a nice golden brown 
And Lastly "What's Your Name"  This is a beautiful shade a nice taupe mauve shade which has a satin finish.  I love purply shades so i was excited about this straight away.  I did find this to be sheer It needed building up to come out on the swatches pictures.  With a good primer it works and looks great 
To be honest I did find I had to work with these longer to create a simple everyday look.  Meaning it took alot a dipping of the brush and alot of blending to get a look I was happy with, without wetting the brush.  The eyeshadows are ok to work with but they work better when wet and of course more intense.  That's not saying they are not good and they would be well suitable for anyone starting out with makeup or anyone who likes simple everyday looks but with my experience in eyeshadows I find I will probably not reach for these as much as some of my eyeshadows I have in my collection.  The lasting powder is good when worn with a primer.  
Here is a simple everyday look I created with these 3 shades to give you an idea of how they look.  
I applied "Beauty Queen" to the inner 1/3rd of the lid and under the brow 
I applied Lunch break to the outer half of the lid and blended both shades together and then applied What's your name in the crease and the same shades along the bottom lash line :) This photo is taken with a flash. 
The next picture is taken in natural sunlight and you will see that "Beauty Queen" instantly makes my eyes look wide awake and believe me after the week I have had up until yesterday I needed that extra umph
 This look is applied dry with primer  
I definitely recommend you try them for the price they are not at all bad and I will try the other shades as I believe they are even more pigmented.  I do prefer to apply these wet for more of an intense look even in day time I had a lovely experience with them when applying them as they felt amazing on the skin they are smooth and silky and feel really comfortable to apply which I love.  
Have you tried these yet 
Whats your thoughts on them :) 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 



















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

They look lovely together!
I'm always put off by how messy mineral shadows can be, too, so these sound great.

Jesss xo

Unknown said...

Lunch Break looks like a gorgeous colour but I'm put off by the extra work - I'm very lazy!

Unknown said...

Jesss me too I am going to be pressing all my mineral shadows from e.l.f soon might actually do a blog post on it :)

Fluff and Fripperies lol i know what you mean hunny I like to wack on and go lol not spend and hour doing my eyes alone :)

Shannon said...

Those shades look gorgeous on you. Raspberrykiss xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...