Wednesday 21 August 2013

Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick

Helloooooo My beauties I hope you are all well :) 
Today I am sharing with you another product from The Natural Collection Range this time its the Moisture Shine Lipsticks :)  Its Not as if I have enough lipsticks of my own to play with I have to go and add not 1 but 2 more lipsticks to my collection lol :) Ah well the joys of been a beauty blogger eh?  Plus I just have to do it for my readers like honestly really I do :) ;) 
Anyways back to the review I have noticed that you can only buy these lipsticks in store and not online which is a bit silly to be honest as they sell everything else online
I cant actually remember how many shades is available but I do know there are more than 6 shades so thats not too bad.  Each lipstick costs between €3 - €4 which is not bad for a lippie.  
I am not going to go into the whole packaging malarky as I covered that on in the last Natural Collection review but as you can see it does look cheap which is a down fall but in my last review I didnt care about that as the blushes turned out to be lovely :) 
Judging by the name "Moisture Shine" I knew these lipsticks were claiming to be moisturising leaving a shine and I wasnt wrong.  They certainly put you in mind of the Revlon Lip Butters :) 
Firstly I will show you the shades then tell you what i think of them 
Firstly we have Rose Petal 

This is a light nude peach pink shade a perfect shade to go with a smokey eye.  To be honest this is a little on the pale side for me but for anyone with pale skin this would work for them.  
Next we have Rose Bud 

This one is my favourite shade out of the two.  This is a lovely rosey pink shade with golden shimmer.  The shimmer adds even more shine to you lips making your lips a little bigger.   
Now for my opinion and to be honest its not going to be as positive as the blush review :(  First of all because the packaging is light and sort of cheapish I found the lipstick detached itself from the stick after first application and that's not just with one that's with the two of them.  I know that its not a great deal as you can easily depot them into little pots but you shouldn't really have to do that when you purchase a lipstick.  

The Formula is very smooth and creamy and feels lovely on the lips as I said it feels more like a Lip Balm than a lipstick.  It look beautiful on the lips but I feel I have to seal it with a gloss or apply a lipliner first to make it last a bit longer.  The lasting power is not great if you eat and drink it literally lasts as long as a lip balm.  There is a slight scent off the lipstick a kind of false scent but it wears off about 5 minutes after application.  

Application is a breeze it applies like a balm you dont even need a mirror to apply the lipstick the pigmentation is light but build able.  It does also look lovely on the lips and its a perfect light lipstick for the summer especially on your no makeup days and you want a little colour to your lips but in the winter time I dont see myself reaching for this and feel it will be left to one side until next spring/summer
I am wearing Rose Bud with a gloss over it in this picture 
Overall they are not the worst lipstick I have tried but to be honest I wouldn't go repurchasing them either.  Compared to the ELF Essential line lipsticks that cost the same amount of money ELF lipsticks are much better in packaging, formula and lasting power 
If they were a lip balm I would say thumbs up for sure. 
Have you tried these out yet?  What is your opinion on them?
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 








I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love NC Moisture Shine lipsticks - and rose bud is one of my all time favourites! x

The Best Lipstick for A/W 2013!

Unknown said...

The rose bud one is lovely.

Unknown said...

These look great! And so cheap!

sjmcdf.blogspot.com xo

Susan said...

Rose bud is so pretty. I think it will look good on any complexion. But rose petal looks neat too. On some days I love using paler shades but most of my shades are those of the rosier ones. This is also so cheap and would even sometimes be on sale.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...