Hope you are all well
As you know i have a nice big family in my home to feed and i love nothing more than to make them nice home cooked food. The best thing about home cooked food is you have control of what goes into it. Like all little kiddies there is one thing that i find hard to get into them and thats more vegetables.
Yes they eat vegetable but i feel they could do with more so whats the best way to do that????
Make dinners meals thats nice and taste with hidden vegetable hehehehehe
shhhhhhh dont tell :)
So i asked my kiddies what they would like for their dinner and the first word that came out of each of their mouths was yes you guessed it LASAGNE they just cant get enough of it :) :) and neither can anyone else who decides to visit when i have it made lol.
So today i made my lasagna and decided i would take pictures and share with you all how i make it. I know there is plenty of recipes out there but i feel been Irish that you can never have enough beef and veg in it.
So i hope you like this recipe and if you give it a go please let me know what you thought of it :) :)
Here is my Finished Results :)
So Here is MY list of ingredients (you can half this down as i have got a big family both kiddies and brothers and sisters lol) but my recipe made 2 big lasagna's
3lb minced beef
680g jar of crushed tomatoes
480g jar of white sauce
approx 8 sheets of wavy or normal lasange sheets
3 mixed peppers
3 small onions
1 oxo cube
150g small mushrooms
250g chedder cheese grated (you can choose any option of cheese be if low fat etc)
1/2 teaspoon of coriander leaf (herbs)
1/2 teaspoon Basil
1/2 teaspoon Italian Style Seasoning
some salt if pre fared (even though i never use it)
and some 4 season peppercorn mill pepper
- Put the mince and chopped onions into a pot and fry until golden brown alot of recipes say add a little oil. To be honest i dont add anything as the mince itself holds enough fat in it to fry in itself. Why add fat when there is enough in the meat itself
- While the mince is cooking add a cube of oxo this is simply my idea for flavour while the mince is cooking Then add 100mls of water then add your herbs :) pepper and salt if pre fared let me add there is no need for salt as there is enough in the food but someone people do like to add it. Let that cook on medium heat for 10minutes
- While your mince is cooking prepared your lovely colourful vegetables. You dont have to stop at just peppers, mushrooms and onions you can add more like sweetcorn etc. If cooking for fussy kiddies make sure to chop nice and small as they wont notice as much ;)
- When the mince is nice and brown. Add your Veg and cook on a low heat for a further 15 mins or until your veg is nice and soft :)
- Next simply add your chopped tomatoes to the mince and veg and allow to simmer for 5 minutes and it should look like this :)
- Thats your mince ready all you have to do is prepare the lasange :) :) mmmmm im hungry again for more writing this plus its lunch time right now i want some
- Anyway im babbling again next you just find a dish that you want to make your lasange in and get making it.
- First you put a layer of mince on the bottom
- Then a layer of lasange sheets on top to cover the mince break the lasange sheets to fit as i have in the photo below and NO IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE PERFECT MINES NOT LOL
- Then add a layer of white sauce
- When you have that done just repeat with another layer of each :)
- When you cant fill your dish anymore then simply set your oven at 200 degrees and bake for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes take your lasange out and sprinkle cheese on top you can put as little or as much as you like and place it back in the oven for a further 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown
- And vwaalaaaa your Lasange is finished :) :) :)
And let me know if you have tried the recipe and what you think
Until next time
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter