Sunday 6 July 2014

Makeup Revolution Ultra Base BB Cream Foundation

Hello my beauties I hope you are all well 
This is one of Makeup Revolutions recent releases and I just had to try them out.  What I liked about picking these is that there is 11 shades to choose from.  There is also different undertones suitable for everyone.  You can choose from yellow toned to pink toned to mid toned which is brilliant.  I opted for 03 which is a yellow toned and also the 2nd lightest and then I picked 09 Mid toned which is the 6th shade up.  Yellow toned and Neutral tones suit me better as I have sallow skin.  
The BB Cream Foundation costs £3 for 30mls of product which is a great price if this turns out nice :) :) 
Makeup Revolution Claims:  High coverage, easily blendable foundation creating the perfect flawless complexion. With BB cream high coverage qualities, suitable for all skin types this foundation provides long lasting makeup in a range of shades to suit all skin tones. 
As you can see the packaging is very simple and easy to use.  I like that it gives you the easy option of squirting your required amount of product without using too much.  Also you are really getting what your paying for because when you feel the tube is empty you simply cut the top off and scoop out the rest of the product thats left behind :) 
So now that we have that over with let me show you the shades I got 
Also since buying these I watched Dyna's Video on the Ultra Base and she got a different shade to me she also stated it was the perfect match for her which interested me as I am near enough the same shade as her.  The shade she got was 06 yellow toned which I will be buying when I shop again :) :) 

As mentioned about this is 03 Yellow Toned which is the 2nd lightest on the site :)  This is a very pale shade and would suit anyone who has a very pale complexion.  The first shade is pink toned and certainly looks lighter than this shade so even if you are very pale and find 03 a little dark you can mix 02 and 03 together :) 

The next shade is 09 Mid tone 

09 mid tone was a surprising finish for me.  I wasnt expecting it to be as dark or as orange as it is.  This is well suited for anyone who is medium skin tone.  This shade is certainly 2 shades darker than my skin tone.  This will only suit people with a yellow undertone as it will look very orange to those of you who are very pale. 

The consistency of this foundation is actually thicker than I expected so a little goes a long way.  When spread out it especially with your fingers it melts to a lighter feeling consistency.  

Ok so My thoughts on this foundation I bet you are wondering 
Coverage
The Coverage is not high coverage but it is light to medium.  You can just keep it with the one layer which is literally a light coverage finish or you can add another layer to give you light to medium coverage.  After applying the 2 layers I could still see my freckles but the coverage was enough to keep me happy I have slight pigmentation on my forehead and under my nose and it covered that up very well.  I am not saying it covers my pigmentation completely because it doesnt but you would need to be right up on moi face to see that :) :) 

How it feels 
When you first apply this foundation I have to admit it feels slightly sticky like a heavy moisturiser.  I did not apply a moisturiser like I normally do before applying this as its a BB Cream so I knew I would get enough moister from this.  I did apply a primer before hand as I hate to apply anything on my face without having some sort of barrier.  I at the moment have normal to combination skin.  After about 10 minutes of letting this settle on my skin I noticed the finish did not change from the time I first applied it.  I did look shiny and felt I definitely need to set this before walking out the door.  After setting it all over with a transparent powder I was delighted with the finish I found I still had a dewy finish in which I like and looked natural.  

Lasting Power 
I have worn this for the longest 8 hours and found it did not need to be powdered any more and did not fade.  Happy Days !!!!!

My skin felt very moist throughout the day.  The foundation did not in any way feel heavy while wearing it and I found it blended out very easily with my Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20 Stippling Brush.  With 03 been too light and 09 been to dark for me I was able to mix the two colours to come up with a shade that suited my own skin tone.  Here is a before and after picture of how it looks on me 


If you click on the photo for a closer look you will see on the second photo near my hairline that you can still see the pigmentation a little but you would also need great eyesight to do so even in person lol You can also see some of my freckles but I like that as freckles are beautiful.  I don't like covering them all up as its so natural looking to see freckles on the skin.  
In all I am very please with this for only £3 you are getting what you are paying for.  Not only that its light and also gives you a natural look without making it obvious you ware wearing any foundation.  Its gives enough coverage to even out your skin tone yet anything like pigmentation, freckles and blemishes will still be a little visible while wearing this.  Lastly if you have oily skin I think this foundation might me a no no for you.  Anyone with dry skin, normal to dry or combination skin will love this.  
Have you tried this foundation yet?  Would it be something you would like to try?  Let me know your thoughts
Thanks so much for reading 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 






















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

you look really beautiful!!!
i will try it when my actual foundation runs out, thanks for the review!!

the creation of beauty is art. said...

This sounds so fantastic! I absolutely love that there is such a good range of shades. Normally I struggle to find colours that are light enough. Thanks for the review!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Forever Miss Vanity said...

Your before and after shots look amazing, this sounds fab.
x

Raluca L.C. said...

Hi Nina!
I have never heard of this brand, it is similar to MUA?
Thanks for reviewing this product!
Hugs,
Rally
Rally's Beauty Highway

Unknown said...

Raluca - obviously I'm not Nina (a lot older and not nearly as pretty, for a start! :D ) but as someone who's got lots of MUA and just bought my first MUR stuff today...I honestly think it's even better than Makeup Academy stuff. The ranges are similarly priced and I still love MUA's quality and value, but the Makeup Revolution eyeshadows I've tried so far have even better pigment and texture than they do.

Revolution's Iconic 1, 2 and 3 palettes are dupes for Urban Decay's Naked 1-3, and while there's not much in it, I think they're JUST a little better than MUA's Undressed and Undress Me Too palettes.

Also, I sadly don't get along with any of MUA's foundation offerings, but I quite like the MUR Ultra Face Base that I brought home today. I very much agree with Nina on the stuff. :)

Sorry for the long-winded reply! I get all excited when I get new stuff. :D

Unknown said...

Gill thank you so much for the sweet () comment girl you are just as beautiful so dont you dare put yourself down sweetness not on Nina's Bargain Beauty hehehe You beautiful :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah Willoughby said...

I love this foundation!
It's my new daily foundation! :)
Have you tried their Primer and Concealer- works wonderfully with this product! :)

Sarah from Beautistique.
http://beautistique.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...