Thursday 6 February 2014

Physicians Formula: Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Nude Eye

Hello my Beauties :) 
You know when you go into a store for something in particular and come out with more than what you went in for?  Well us beauty bloggers are all the same its just in our blood, we cant help ourselves.  Thats what happened to me a couple of months back when I was ordering on iherb.com .  I was only going to buy the real techniques brush set when bam in front of me pops up a label saying Physicians Formula (Happy Days)!!! Physicians formula is very hard to get here in Ireland and Its like you have hit jackpot when you get the opportunity to get some in your hands :) 
So I just had to order this palette as I have heard alot about it.  Some good some bad of course but I just had to try it for myself. 
This palette I have to admit has been out for some time now, if I am not mistaking its about 2 years ago when it was first released.  It is still available and one of the top products made by Physicians Formula. 
The Packaging has to be mentioned here :) from the outer package to the inside packaging.  The outer packaging basically tells you all you need to know about what you are buying and even have a time on a look you can create which is always handy.

This beautiful pink packaging is complete covered in a lace material with beautiful flower designs plus concluded with a pink bow to finish the girly look I love it :) :)  The lid has a magnet on it so its easy to open and close.  Inside you will find a sponge tip applicator which is slanted to allow you to use as shadow applicator and and eye-liner applicator to be honest I have not used this but its always handy.  

 You are getting 9 shades in total in the palette.  The layout is a bit odd I would have expected it light to dark instead of dark to light.  I like that the palette is small in fact its 7.5g small and can easily fit in your handbag or clutch but because its made this small means the shadows are made a little narrow.  As you can see yourself the 1st, 4th, 7th and 8th shade is narrower than the others and believe me if you don't use a narrow brush to pick up the shadow you are guarantee to pick up the next shade along with the one you are going for.  
The shadows themselves are of course shimmery.  They can be used both wet and dry.  Dry for a sheer wash of colour and wet for a more intense look.  I did find when using these dry that you have to build the colour up especially on the lighter toned shades.  When used wet you need very little to achieve the look you want. 


 The swatches above are made with no primer and dry also I had to swatches a few of the shades (the near skin coloured ones) for them to show up 
The palette offers 3 looks a) a Natural look in which the last 3 shades can be used b) Playful look which the middle 3 shades can be used and lastly c) Dramatic which is the first 3 shades.  I did try each look the way Physicians Formula has worked out and to be honest I thought the Natural look was a little too natural for me the Playful I would call Natural and the Dramatic I would say would be the best look in my eyes but even at that you would surely need a matte shadow to blend out all that shimmer otherwise you would surely look like a disco ball when the sun shines on you :) :)  I definitely prefer using this palette with a dampened brush as I love the intensity of the eye-shadow and their finish.  
This is a perfect palette for daytime looks you will get some beautiful natural looks and also have plenty of different shades to play around with but I find that if you wanted night time looks out of this you would have to work with it.  
Here is a look I created using the more intense shades and of course with a dampened brush and primer 

On the lid I used the 3rd shade followed by the 2nd shade on the outer corner and blended inwards.  I used the 1st shade on the outer V and in my crease I used a matte brown shade from another palette to blend out the harsh lines.  I used a little of the last shade in the inner corners of my eyes and brow bone .  I applied a little of the 3rd shade on the lower lash line and used the 1st shade on the outer lower lash line blending it in to the centre :)  
Overall i am pleased with this palette its perfect for everyday looks.  Also this is a perfect palette for all of you out there who love their nude palettes.  I feel alot of these shades might not be much used to a woman of colour as there is quite a few shade that near enough match my skin tone.  I think anyone with fair to medium skin tone will have more use of this palette.  If I was to mark it out of ten I would surely mark it 7/10.  For the Price $11.47 its definitely worth a try :) :) 
Have you tried this palette yet?  What is you thoughts on it?  
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 


I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Laura said...

This palette looks stunning! Great review! :)

PR Fashion Beauty said...

OMG, the colours are gorge! I want. xxx

Unknown said...

Nice palette! But it'd probably bother me that they seem like being directly next to each other. I mean without seperation. But still: Nice!

Yuna.xo

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

This is a gorgeous palette, I love the packaging! Your eye make-up looks beautiful, too, the shades complement each other so well :)

Jess xo

Brittany Elaine said...

The colors are gorgeous! I love my nudes...just might have to check this palette out!
♥b

Brittany's Secret

Girlwiththeskew-earring said...

I found this in South Africa but I left it because it was a bit expensive! But its gorgeous and it looks great on you!

Unknown said...

Laura Thank you hunny :)

PR Fashion Beauty lol I know they are stunning :)

Yuna Yes that is the downfall hunny but its still beautiful

Jess Thank you very much hunny

Brittany your wont regret it :)

Girlwiththeskew-earrings thank you hunny xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...